[meteorite-list] A simple question

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 26 23:25:53 2005

... with a number of different answers depending on who you ask...

I'm going to hold a speach about meteorites on our
local geology club tomorrow and it struck me that I
haven't the faintest clue about how often a meteorite
survives the fall.
What I'm looking for is a simple number of meteorites
per square km (mile, parsek, ...) and year that hits
the Earth so I could do an approximation of meteorites
per year in Sweden.
There is probably a lot of different numbers depending
on which scientist made the calculation, but I just
need an approximate answer.

Thanks!

/G?ran