[meteorite-list] NPA 06-12/19-1879 Estherville Meteorite to Be Displayed

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 19 15:34:04 2005

Paper: The Standard
City: Albert Lea, Minnesota
Date: Thursday, June 12, 1879
Page: 2 (of 4)

Under a local news brief section, "Standard Notes"

- The meteor which fell in Iowa May 10th, will be exhibited in this city
next Saturday, Admission 25 cents.

(end)

Paper: The Standard
City: Albert Lea, Minnesota
Date: Thursday, June 19, 1879
Page: 3 (of 4)

Under a local news brief section, "Standard Notes"

- The big meteor was exhibited here Saturday and Monday, but was not
patronized. Our people evidently do not appreciate "heavenly messengers."

(end)

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
http://www.meteoritearticles.com
http://www.kansasmeteoritesociety.com
http://www.imca.cc

http://stores.ebay.com/meteoritearticles

PDF copy of this article, and most I post (and about 1/2 of those on my
website), is available upon e-mail request.

The NPA in the subject line, stands for Newspaper Article. The old list
server allowed us a search feature the current does not, so I guess this is
more for quick reference and shortening the subject line now.