[meteorite-list] AD-Pallasite-Like Ureilite for Sale (again)

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 12 21:59:26 2005

Dear list members,

I have great news. The NWA 2624 "Pallasite-Like" Ureilite I first offered a
few weeks ago has the green light from the lab. The "olivines" are actually
Pyroxene Megacrysts. The first and secondary samples match and this is what
Dr. Bunch of NAU says in regards to the latest findings:

"The problem for us is what special ureilite classification can we use? From
the ~28 that we have done and ~ 90 by others over time, I have not seen one
quite like this."

I have re-listed all that is available on eBay, all with "Buy it Now" and at
the same pricing as I first offered it. The only two pieces I have are the
example piece in the description and the balance of the second type sample
that will be returned at a later date. Please note that the eBay description
still includes "...typical ureilite", this will change as it is definitely
NOT "typical" as described by Dr. Bunch. It will be exciting to see the end
result which I will post to the list once received. Here is a link to one of
the auctions:

NWA 2624 Ureilite 6.4 gram Complete Slice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6505255798&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

To see all of the 20 specimens available, click on the above link and then
click on "View Seller's Other Auctions". That, or search for seller
"naturesvault". If you are interested, do not hesitate as this is all that
is available.

Best regards,

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection