[meteorite-list] RE: MAPS (and connection test)

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jan 10 09:59:43 2005

I sent sevaral posts since these last 3 days, with no apparent success.
Moreover, since the last 48 hours, I don't receive any further post from
the list which is, statistically speaking, at least disturbing.
Here I try again the contact with another copy of one of my last posts
(MAPS problem) to make sure I receive at least this copy through the list.
Sorry if redundant.

Best,

Zelimir

----------
Hello Alex, Walter, Bernd, Christian, List,

The same here in France. Last issue received: October 2004 (Neuschweinstein)
and also the strange message as well!
At least the mess and delay seems to be independent on the country and is
random (normal for a mess...)
I decided so far to "wait and see" until either I receive the missing
issues or
a reminder for 2005 subscription.
Needless to say that I did subscribe for 2004, despite the strange message.
I agree that some official contact (complain ?) should be made, e.g. in
Tucson.
You have all my support. I am affraid that our heavy teaching period over here
in February is preventing me attending Tucson until my retirement...

Cheers,

Zelimir

Selon Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_gmx.net>:

> Hi Christian, Bernd, Walter, and list,
>
> the last magazine that I received was the October 2004 issue,
> as well. I did not receive the strange message that Bernd and
> Walter obviously have received, but nonetheless one must come
> to the conclusion that things seem to be completely out of order
> with the sales and subscription department of an otherwise
> high class journal. With a delay of magazine delivery lasting a
> quarter of a year (...which was even worse a few months ago) I
> am a bit hesitant in sending the 2005 subscription fees right at
> this moment. I will do as soon as they either catch up with a
> nominal timeline or at least make an official statement about
> their obvious problems, and the reasons for all that. In the
> meantime, from their side, I observe nothing but...silence, and
> this is far from making a customer-friendly professional job on
> the subscription side of an otherwise highly recommendable journal,
> which is the organ of a high class society.
>
> May be one of the people on this list with closer connections to
> the editor at the UoA in Tucson can comment on this a bit more...
>
> Alex
> Berlin/Germany

Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Universit? de Haute Alsace