[meteorite-list] ** Encyclopedia of Meteorites : just a project **

From: Pelé Pierre-Marie <pierremariepele_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jan 8 08:45:43 2005

Hello to the List,

After my NWA CDROM and my book on french meteorites
(coming really soon !), I'm starting my craziest and
longest project :

           The Encyclopedia of Meteorites

The idea is to provide on a DVD a database of all
meteorite finds/falls with very detailed information,
pictures. Also, meteorite collectors will be able to
add their own collection datas which is fine.

It should be done first with Microsoft Access Database
system which provides powerful query system to find
information. Then, I'll think of making the DVD as a
standalone software, so Access is no more required.

Time of development will be very very long and I don't
expect a 1st release before 2006 if my project is
becoming a reality. One need projects and dreams to go
further, that's my idea.

Anyway, I need from all of you pictures of meteorites
of any type and any name to put on the DVD. It's a
need for every meteorite collector to get maximum data
and images of meteorites.

Pierre-Marie Pele
www.meteor-center.com

D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 250 Mo d'espace de stockage pour vos mails !
Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com/