[meteorite-list] NWA 1933 - Best chondules I have ever seen

From: Jeff Kuyken <jeff_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 5 01:46:52 2005

G'day Bernd, Zelimir & List,

>> By the way, is NWA 1933 an LL3.0 or is the second digit so far unknown
>> (undetermined) ?

>Heaven knows why it hasn't been fully classified. Jeff Kuyken who is also
an ardent
>NWA 1933 fan, has often asked this question before. This meteorite is so
exceptional
>that it would really deserve a two-digit classification.

Well that I am and always will be. I also have to agree with Zelimir on
Sahara 98175 (LL3.5) which is another impressive meteorite too though. And
then who could forget NWA 3099? ;-) And the new addition to that exclusive
little club for me is NWA 2622 which is my Monthly Favourite for January.
How this came back as LL4 and not a type 3 I don't know! There are photos
for anyone interested of all these meteorites and more at the link below.

http://www.meteoritesaustralia.com/collection.html

Cheers,

Jeff Kuyken
I.M.C.A. #3085