[meteorite-list] CBN blades

From: Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jan 4 07:06:57 2005

Thanks for the answers to my cbn blade questions.
I use diamond blades for Chondrites and Achondrites and I think the result
is ok.(there is a German seller called "Homberg und Brusius "who is selling
diamond blades 0,2 mm thick)

======
what is this seller name ? Or how to search diamond blades in German ebay ?

How do you cut your Irons? Is a blade saw a bad choice ? How expensive will
be another "Iron saw" ?

=========
>From time when 1 slice 8x8cm of Nantan was cutted for 8 hours I say "its
enough". (propably blade was damaged)
3 weeks ago I use small 6" 0.4mm old russian blades for cutting small
mundrabillas to half, but after this surface is terrible.
One half have alvays surface concave and anoter convex. Its differences
maybe 0.5mm, but when You gridding them You can take heart attack or destroy
your gridding flat lap after several endpieces. And situation is more
complicated when You want cut slices. I everything make in my hands so how
hold 3mm thin slice under gridding wheel ? Ofcourse I can use blade thick to
0.8-1mm and You get flat surface, but then cut loses will be big and work
the same.

So for irons I now use only wire saw (0.12mm thick). The next day I have
everything cutted, polished ready for etching. No rounded edges, little cut
loses.

Also if You have 3 mundrabillas 3mm diameter to cut there is no problem. I
have for cut 30 mundrabillas and I received around 70 specimens include
several slices. Try polish all of them in hands :))))))

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195
--------[ Member of: Polish Meteoritical Society ]--------