[meteorite-list] CBN blades

From: Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jan 3 15:20:48 2005

Hi
I cut verry often different kind of chondrites. Sometimes small specimens to
near 1mm thin slices or big full slices from several kilo specimens.

On begining I must say that I never used any CBN blade becouse I think they
are designed only for iron materials, not stones. Becouse I do everything to
NOT cut any iron (I hate this), so I dont need this kind of blades. Right
now I use only Wire Saw to cut all my irons (Dronino, Mundrabilla, Morasko)

But I have big experiences with cutting stones. First I used old Russian
blades, but last year I buy for testing blades from this seller on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4843&item=6502679409&rd=1
and I was veeeeerrrrry astonished. They are verry good for all kind of stone
meteorites.
I use from 7 month still the same 6"x0.012" blade. This blade lost near half
of his cutting diamond surface now but still work great. Only thing that can
make this blade unusable is if this will be accidentaly awry/crook/bend.
Another advantage is that this blades are verry thin but still verry stable
(I have 2800rpm on my saw) so Your cut loses will be smaller with this
blades.

I can recommend this blaes becouse ratio price/quality is excelent.

I also have 10" "Meteorite" blade (painetd on brown) but this is the worse
blade I have ever have.
This is made from a verry soft ironplate so it "dance" on my saw and cut
surface is terrible round.
Im not sure if "meteorite blade" mean that this is CBN blade. I buy it from
seller who have advertise in Meteorite Magazine. Also official thicknes was
0.15" (~0.4mm) and yes, ironplate have 0.4mm but thickness of diamond in
real have 0.7mm. No comments.

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195