[meteorite-list] Park Forest Lithologies

From: Bob Evans <bobe5531_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jan 2 16:25:37 2005

Hello,

I was having a look at some of my Park Forest meteorites and I noticed
something that I haven't seen much of.
Most of the specimens that you see exhibit both the light and dark
lithologies. I have two fragments that are comprised of the light and dark
lithologies entirely. The darker one I found on Winslow St. and the lighter
specimen I purchased from the owner of a pick-up truck that was hit.
Together they weigh 31.5 grams and both are in pristine condition.

Well have a look at the picture of them here :
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/spacerox2001/album?.dir=/3d64

I just assume that these wouldn't get the market value of specimens showing
both lithologies. What do you think?

Bob Evans