[meteorite-list] Re: [meteorite_hunters] Meteorite hunting in Spain(was First meteorites)

From: Mark Bowling <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Feb 23 23:26:53 2005

Bob Verish wrote:

> Here is a link to an article that I wrote about the
> successful meteorite-recovery program in Spain:
>
> http://meteorite-recovery.tripod.com/2004/jul04.htm
>
> There are many links from those web pages, so you
> should find some good information there.

Thanks Bob - very interesting. There was a good article on fireball
networks in (I think) S&T magazine about a year back. I'm wondering
whether new & cheaper technology is making the development of an amateur
network possible & what would be a good distribution of stations and how
many suitable.

> (P.S. - regarding work being done on a "measure how
> good a region will be for meteorite recovery", I like
> to think that all of our field efforts in AZ-CA-NV are
> working to just that same goal;-)

Keep up the great work!

Have White's -
     Will Travel