[meteorite-list] What's in a name? Name your meteorite for fame?

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Feb 20 12:19:54 2005

Dear List;
I would suppose no one has cold hunted locations specifically to find a
meteorite that could be named a more valuable name, except maybe that
Beer Bottle Pass character....(just kidding John), but, I have composed
a list of local locations with interesting names that may add/detract
from the value of the meteorite on name image alone.
Feel free to offer comment.

Boar's Tusk
Whiskey Buttes
Church Buttes
Little Mountain
Butcherknife Draw
Little America
Little Firehole
Big Firehole
Bitter Creek
Massacre Hill
Diamond Mountain
Vermilion Creek
Black Rock
(and my favorite) Star Valley
*Some, like Black Rock and Vermillion Creek may be previously taken I
suspect.

Daytona,
Dave F.