[meteorite-list] Books in the Mail

From: Jerry A. Wallace <jwal2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Feb 18 18:39:20 2005

Hi Kevin,

Received my signed copy, no. 42, of your book yesterday. Mailed on Feb.,
9th,
arrived Feb., 17th. [I was beginning to worry a tad since I've missed
shipments
on three different parcels, all in U.S., since mid December.] Eight days
across
1,293 miles (or 2,061 km- for those of you who are metrically inclined.)
Seems
like more and more our United States Postal Service is operating like many
postal sevices in the various third world countries, sort of a hit and
miss proposition.
Must be the price of gas or having to fight off terrorists along the
way, or something.
I don't know. Seems like the Pony Express made better time delivering
mail while
fighting off or outrunning our native American Indians. But who I am to say?

Thank goodness for email- spam and all.

Back to the point... Fantastic book. Fills a niche that's barely been
addressed in
any other meteorite related books that I've ever read. It is a most
welcome addition
to my collection, which has expanded to the point where I'm seriously
considering
moving my bed into the garage so I can have a little walk-around room.

The book is definitely a keeper (but really, I keep all of them- which
partially explains
my critical lack of living space.) You've written on some fascinating
topics and
provided many stunning photographs. Obviously you've put a tremendous
amount of
work and thought into the book. I don't see how you can sell such a
beautifully
printed book so reasonably.

My sincere thanks to all of you who were involved in creating this fine
book.

If this lousy weather continues through the weekend, I will have the
book completely
read by Monday. Great timing on the delivery, USPS.

Best regards,

Jerry