[meteorite-list] New Arizona Meteorite!

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Feb 14 20:29:19 2005

I can't say this with any definiteness, but I don't believe any "new" (i.e.,
unweathered) chondrules show signs of concentric layering, only ones that
have been exposed to Earth's atmosphere and have suffered degradation from
moisture. I can't point to any example I have seen that shows anything like
growth rings that have definitely formed outside Earth conditions; they all
imply forming at once, rather than in successive buildups. This completely
ignores the question of armored chondrules, however.

Tracy Latimer