[meteorite-list] Re: New Meteorite Books

From: meteoriteplaya_at_comcast.net <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Feb 14 19:04:31 2005

Hi All
 Just wanted to let everyone know about two new meteorite books.

First is a new Cambridge title "The Origin of Chondrules and
Chondrites". It is by Derek Sears. I have included a summary of the
book from their web site.

"Drawing on research from the various scientific disciplines
involved, this text summarizes the origin and history of chondrules
and chondrites. Including citations to every published paper on the
topic, it forms a comprehensive bibliography of the latest research.
In addition, extensive illustrations provide a clear visual
representation of the scientific theories. The text will be a
valuable reference for graduate students and researchers in planetary
science, geology and astronomy."
The website has several pdf documents of portions of the book at:
http://us.cambridge.org/titles/catalogue.asp?isbn=0521836034

The list price is $110 but we will sell for $95 for a limited time.
Shipping should be less than $5 in the USA. I will quote exact prices
to USA and overseas when I have copies of the book. That should be
within two weeks. Please order by this weekend.

The last book is the previously offered book "Meteorites a Chemical
and Petrologic Synthesis" by Hutchison. List is $135. We will sell
for $115 plus shipping. This has become one of my favorite books on
meteorites. I have heard back from several others who took advantage
of our earlier offer as well and the response has been great. The
book is quite technical in nature but it is a great way to dig deeper
into an understanding of meteorites. The first printing of the book
was sold out and additional copies should be available in March. Highly recommended.

Mike

Mike Jensen IMCA 4264
Bill Jensen IMCA 2359
Jensen Meteorites