[meteorite-list] A special thanks to Geoff Notkin and Steve Arnold.........

From: Ruben Garcia <meteoritemall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Feb 5 18:08:25 2005

I would like to extend a special thank you to Geoff
Notkin, Steve Arnold, Jim Kreigh, Twink Monrad,
Arizona Keith and all the others that worked so
unselfishly to make the Tucson Party an extraordinary
experience for this first timer.

I have been collecting, selling, and trading
meteorites since 1998 but had never attened the
"Tucson party". Last night was a truly enlightening
experience. The gathering had all the warmth and
fellowship of a family reunion and all the excitement
and electricity of a rock concert. Petty bickering
that we have all seen from time to time was
non-existent, instead was replaced by laughing, story
telling and joking.

I was very impressed by Geoff Notkin whom I met last
year and Steve Arnold whom I met just last night. It
seemed to me that together they down played their own
birthdays ( which I thought this celebration was
supposed to be about) and instead chose to uplift
their fellow meteorite enthusiast. They seemed to
concentrate on praising the works of many of us by
presenting awards for work in the meteorite field.
While very modestly shunning any accolades for their
own outstanding achievements.

As this was my first "Tucson party" I had no idea what
to expect but can tell you that I now regret missing
them in the past. And honestly feel bad for those that
have not yet experienced at least one. If this is the
future of meteorite collecting then the future looks
bright! And if the attitudes of a few people like
Geoff and Steve can bring us together like this for
even one night then may there be many, many more
"Tucson Parties"!!!

Thanks guys!

Ruben Garcia