[meteorite-list] Boston area Bolide

From: Charles Viau <cviau_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Feb 3 23:06:42 2005

This is a late posting, since I have not been able to get to a computer
since last night.

Time: 12:31AM, Thursday , 3 Feb, 2004, Location: RT24 North at the
intersection of RT 495 ( Middleboro area)

Traveling in a vehicle, heading towards Boston.

One incredible fireball, coma as big as the moon, traveling south to north,
and an incredible explosion as it passed north about 45 degrees above
horizon. The sky just lit up like it was day for a second. I know that
others saw it because we all slowed down after the event. Meteor traveled
across the sky in about a second before exploding. The explosion was so
bright, that no detail as to streamers, as such were seen.

Anyone else see this? Definitively the brightest I have ever witnessed
first hand.

CharlyV