[meteorite-list] Information wanted- Hessle specimen number

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Feb 1 12:28:12 2005

How about Nevil Maskelyne (1823-1911), whose full name is sometimes
referenced as Nevil Story-Maskelyne. Meteorites with MS number, that we know
of are, Knyahinya, fell 1866 and Hessel, which fell in 1869. Story-Maskelyn
was VERY active during the fall of both of these meteorites. I think it is
very possible he had several meteorites at the time of those meteorites
fell. His papers are wrote in that time period.

More information on Maskelyn can be found in Cosmic Debris.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com