[meteorite-list] New Monthly Favourite => N'Goureyma & Happy New Year

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Dec 31 06:54:12 2005

Norm kindly wrote:

"Jeff, Thanks for the shift in focus! That is one amazing iron.
I've never seen anything vaguely resembling those textures!"

www.meteorites.com.au/favourite.html

Hi Norm and List,

But there *is* something "vaguely resembling those textures" => the Tucson iron!

BUCHWALD V.F. (1975) Handbook of Iron Meteorites, Volume 3, p. 1244:

"Tucson has no close relatives, neither in structure nor in composition. However,
the metallic part of Tucson, in particular, does have many points of resemblance
with the metal of N'Goureyma; it appears that the two meteorites have had a
comparable story and cooling rate."

Jeff, once again my sincere congrats on the
acquisition of such an extraordinary piece!!!

Happy New Year,
Meteorites galore,
Happiness,
Health,