[meteorite-list] Exogenic Fulgurites

From: Norm Lehrman <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Dec 30 02:11:13 2005

List,

A guy came in today with a flat of shiny black glass
that looks identical to Wabar or Irghizite impactites.
 It has been studied and published, and was spewn from
a monster fulgurite tube!

Most dealers, curators, academics, and collectors are
bombarded with stuff like this. I didn't believe the
story when I heard it, but it's for real. This is the
first described example of this and is the designated
type locality. There has to be more somewhere.

I've posted the reference info and a pic here:
http://tektitesource.com/Exogenic%20Fulgurites.htm

I'm now faced with a dilemma. Tucson is coming.
We're hoarding our cash. But this is totally unique
stuff. They want a lot for it. What would you do????

Thanks,
Norm
(http://tektitesource.com)