[meteorite-list] Fukang and Canadians in Tokyo.

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Dec 28 12:35:02 2005

It is a ruster, several people who bought pieces in Tucson last year have
complained about rust. I will pass on this one. If the Chinese get froggy
and decide to repatriate their stolen treasure, they will come after it.
Lest you all forget, the just conducted raids all over Australia with the
Australian and Chinese government, confiscating stolen fossils from China.
This is the largest pallasite in the world. That is a treasure, not some old
chondrite that nobody cares about. It is being said that the Chinese already
know about it.

On another note, two representatives from the Royal Ontario Museum were sent
to the Tokyo show to look for and report anything being sold that was from
Canada. They harassed several people, including George Heslop, for selling
Canadian fossils without paperwork, they threatened him, and made the show
owner force him to remove them from his table. It is clear that governments
are getting serious about their stuff (with or without cause).

Michael Farmer