[meteorite-list] NWA 2999 Abstract Plagiarism

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Dec 21 21:41:28 2005

 Dear all,

 "NWA 2999 Abstract Plagiarism":

 Regarding the disgusting thievery of copyrighted abstract content and the
pure laziness of the culprit, Ron Ferrell - Blasphemy Sciences "Holiday
catalog" (or what ever he is called), should publicly apologize to all who
he has stolen from and insulted. I, and all who have contributed to the
discovery and study of NWA 2999, work way too hard to have a common criminal
steal our work. I do not go to Morocco on average of every 2-3 months, spend
a ton to acquire these rare meteorites just to have some jerk rip off my
finds and our work.

 I am disgusted and pissed off! I just returned home last night after 24
hours of travel to see this crap. I am too tired to even get started. My
advise to this
idiot is to go there and do it yourself! What a clown!

 Best regards,

 Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
NaturesVault (eBay)
gmhupe_at_tampabay.rr.com
IMCA 2185

I was surprised too, so much in fact that I didn't bother reading it in the
Bethany Holiday Catalog figuring it was BS as no authors were listed. Now to
see it is a real article composed by some long standing and reliable names,
I share in David's guarded optimism and I am pleased to see science stepping
outside of the box and taking a swing at defining the angrites better. This
will undoubtedly be further discussed and contested, I applaud the folks at
UW, NAU, and Carnegie for taking that first step.

Rob Wesel
http://www.nakhladogmeteorites.com
We are the music makers...
and we are the dreamers of the dreams.