[meteorite-list] OK -So, What, Where, When and How?

From: MarkF <mafer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Dec 18 20:29:00 2005

Hi Gary and List

>From what I can see, the whole USA is wide open to exploration with the
exception of private, gov, and tribal lands. I know that Kentucky has quite
a few finds and falls, but no one has looked into potential strewn fields as
such. Kentucky seems to be a place where hunting meteorites is mostly luck
right now. But I feel that it could be a great place to hunt if done like
the Native American artifact hunters and civil war hunters do their hunting.
Especially in the "hills" that are the terminal moraines of the ice sheets.
That guy in Manitoba has got the right idea!
I also have permission to walk about a farm that edges up the Cumberland
Falls State Park where there was a fall in 1919 and aside from the know
pieces at the falls proper, there were a couple more fragments found within
a mile or so on farms I guess.

Mark Ferguson