[meteorite-list] Meteorite finder list

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Dec 16 20:29:15 2005

Hi Rob,

The book Bernd mentioned -
NININGER H.H. and NININGER A.D. (1950) The Nininger Collection of
Meteorites:
A Catalog and a History (American Meteorite Museum, Winslow, Arizona. 144
pp.).

contains maps of US-finds.
"Those which were definitely traceable to the field activities of the
Nininger Survey are designated by a black dot.", p.19

Now I have to check the maps and to find the names........

COLORADO:

Akron
Alamosa
Arapahoe
Arriba
Bethune
Briggsdale (somewhat strange dot)
Cope
Cortez
De Nova
Doyleville
Eaton
Holly
Holyoke
Horse Creek
Hugo
Karval
Kelly
Lost Lake
Newson
Ovid
Peetz
Phillips County
Rifle
Rush Creek
Seibert
Shaw
Springfield
Sterling
Stonington
Township 8
Weldona
Wiley
Wray

KANSAS:

Beardsley
Brewster
Cedar
Colby
Coldwater (iron)
Coldwater (stone)
Coolidge
Covert
Dwight
Elkhart
Garnett
Goodland
Grant County
Haviland
Horace
Hugoton
Ingalls
Johnson
Ladder Creek
Lawrence
Modoc No. 2
Morland
Ness County No. 2
New Almelo
Norcatur
Norton
Oberlin
Otis
Pierceville
Ransom
Rolla
Rolla No. 2
Rolla No. 3
Seneca
Ulysses
Waldo
Wilburton
Wilmot
+ a missnumbered - it's on Southern border of Kingman, to the North-Western
corner of Harper.
I guess: Nashville

NEBRASKA:

Arcadia
Broken Bow
Bushnell
Cotesfield
Dix
Farnum
Hayes Center
Hildreth
Indianola
Lancaster County
Loomis
Marsland
Morrell
Potter
Saint Ann
Sioux County
Tryon
Whitman

WYOMING:

Albin (pallasite)
Bear Lodge
Albin (stone)
Clareton
Hat Creek
Hawk Creek
Lusk
Pine Bluffs
Silver Crown
Willow Creek

NEW MEXICO
Acme
Alamogordo
Aurora
Aztec
Farley
Gladstone
Grady
Grady No. 2
Hobbs
La Lande
Melrose
Pinon
Roy
Roy No. 2
Taiban
Tatum
Tequezyuito Creek
Ute Creek
Pasamonte

TEXAS (Gulp. Almost unreadable, so small the map):

Abernathy
Lockney
Lubbock
Hale Center
Hale Center No. 2
Floydada
Shallowater
McAddo
Howe
Brownfield
Wellman
Haskell
Ballinger
Monahans
Brady
Texline
Gruver
Spearman
a misnumbered South-East of Texline
Romero
Channing
Miami
Laketon
Adrian
McLean
Pallisades Park
Brisco Co.

The new Merbull database doesn't work yet, if one want to search the texts,
so put the Blue Book on the knees.....

Best!
Martin