[meteorite-list] Moldavites on eBay

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Dec 12 04:15:11 2005

>>Tracy said
>> or just tumbled chunks of beer bottles..

Shhhh your giving away the secret! :)

Joking apart, I have to agree, after going through a tray of
'Moldavites' at a local gem shop myself, not only does the colour vary
drastically, but they even seemed to vary in weight! - so I guess some
may not even be glass!!

I'm afraid this makes me wonder about all the 'desert glasses' just too
easy for fraudsters to copy imho.

Best
Mark