[meteorite-list] Good article from the Denver Post

From: meteoriteplaya_at_comcast.net <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Dec 8 11:37:54 2005

Hi Bernd
It is a CD. I actually picked it up yesterday. In fact it came from Nininger. My guess is probably half of the specimens came from Nininger. He was curator of Denver Museum of Nature and Science (DMNS) in the 30's & 40's and must have helped the CO School of Mines start their collection.
As for Rifle the main mass is in the DMNS collection. In case you were wondering I did not pick that one up but have leaned on it. :) Rifle has been reexamined and declared as not paired with CD. There is an appendix at the end of the well known Wasson article about the IIICD's being combined with the IAB's.
http://littlink.com/ue0ai
Meteoritical Society listing for Rifle
http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor/metbull.php?code=22605

As for Bear Creek they don't have a sample. They could, if anyone wants to make a donation. :)
Mike
--
Mike Jensen
Jensen Meteorites