[meteorite-list] Million Dollar Meteorites of 2005

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Dec 5 16:53:33 2005

Dear List Members,

I had the pleasure to visit with Phil Mani over the weekend and see his and
Steve Arnold's "King of Pallasites", the Brenham 1400 pound main mass along
with several other relatively smaller individuals. The pictures are great,
the video interviews were awesome, but to see this monster pallasite in
person simply had me awestruck! It is beyond words. There are huge olivine
inclusions that are visible from the outside, some about 100mm across.

I brought along my new 1,634 gram Lunar, NWA 3163 (actually the 1,121 gram
main mass) and brought together the "Million Dollar Meteorites of 2005".
Unfortunately Steve could not be there with us but I was able to talk with
him on the phone as I walked into the room where the 1400 pound Brenham
currently resides. Steve wanted to hear my expression when I first saw it
and, boy did he! After all of the "Ohh's", "Ahhh's" and "Wow's", I was
finally able to mutter out, "Great job guys, congratulations."

Here is a link to a photo of Phil and myself with our incredible discoveries
of 2005:
http://www.lunarrock.com/MillionDollarMeteorites2005/MillionDollarMeteorites2005.jpg

If you had any doubts of going to the Tucson Show, maybe these two awesome
meteorites will encourage you to go as they will both be there. The 1400
pound Brenham will be on display in a location to be announced later and I
will be walking around with the NWA 3163 Lunar main mass. If you see me,
just ask to see it and you will quickly have the world's largest Feldspathic
Granulite Lunar meteorite in your hand to personally check out.

Best regards,

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
NaturesVault (eBay)