[meteorite-list] Re: Meteorite Fall in Zimbabwe?

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Aug 30 14:14:47 2005

Geoff N. wrote:

>Now, back to business . . . how 'bout a half-price, three-for-one
>Campos Sales sale with free shipping to an asteroid of your choice?
>Regards to all,
>Geoff N.

Hola Geoff, Frederic, amigos,

Let's see on that above one...if x=list price in grams and y=shipping
distance in AU and z=discount in days and w=compulsive-retentive erruptions, I
haven't got the foggiest idea what I'd be getting...

You only paid for a wee argument - I can't continue to argue this one,
unless you pay for the one hour-argument. Clearly, we agree, I tell you! I
absolutely said that the Zimbabweian article was Quentin Tarantino journalism by
an author who really couldn't properly connect his storyline. Quentin, in a
complimentary way, is a metaphysical type. He also has Uma and a bazillion
bucks to show for it.... I was very kind to the author, because after some of
the presumptuous Indian journalism we've seen, a protect-the-underdog-complex
well-intentioned first-timer meteoritical journalist dizzied me for spell.

Wheeew....I've snapped out of it...All I really meant to say was that
although the author truly had muddled some good basic concepts in good faith, but
as you point out, the final journalistic product left many appreciating what a
terrified, dumbfounded villager feels like. I'd say in a heartbeat that
your funny take on the article was quite welcomed - even knowing that you would
sic your bobcats on me if I camped out in your yard to beat the annual Tucson
mineral show scam and sham.
Bacal-b?, Doug