[meteorite-list] Isheyevo - Bright Blue/Green Inclusion

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 17 13:05:12 2005

Hi Pete, Jeff, List,

Back from a prolonged trip, I am pleased to read so many new posts, some
well worth comments.
Here is a first one, in an anti chronological order of screening.

Apatite can indeed be blue.

Regarding other common blue compounds, Cu2+ salts (silicaltes ?) as well as
Co2+ anhydrous compounds, among which possibly silicates, can be (and are
often indeed) blue.

Ni silicate would be more probable since many meteorites do contain Ni and
various silicates, but to my best knowledge, Ni silicates are mostly green.
Then perhaps a new Ni-Si-O combination ?

Jeff, is the 2.6 gram slice small enough so as to fit in an electronic
microscope chamber ? If so, a microprobe non destructive analysis could be
the most discriminative experiment to perform...

Congrats for your valuable observation!

Zelimir

A 12:20 17/08/05 -0400, vous avez ?crit :