[meteorite-list] Isheyevo - Bright Blue/Green Inclusion

From: Jeff Kuyken <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 17 22:03:25 2005

>Apatite?

No thanks... just had breakfast! ;-)

But seriously, to answer some of the questions. It's not from cutting nor
from polishing. The endcut was only polished on emery paper and the colour
is solid through the inclusion. In fact I think it actually got a little
larger as I got slightly further into the endcut.

This gorgeous little piece indeed came from Sergey and he has just mentioned
to me that a classifying scientist has I think indeed found blue inclusions
in Isheyevo. Apparently a theory of a impact origin was hypothesized but
given that Isheyevo is unshocked... I don't know. Sergey also mentioned
finding a blue, translucent inclusion in HaH 237. Whatever it is or where it
came from; it's definitely very interesting!

Cheers,

Jeff