[meteorite-list] RE: RC's age of the universe???

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 17 10:26:37 2005

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:49:28 +0200, "Martin Altmann" <Altmann_at_Meteorite-Martin.de> wrote:

>And if I remember right, in Spencer Tracy's The trial of the Hulk, the
>opponent was a protestant zealot.

Huh? Spencer Tracy isn't in The Trial of the Hulk. Are you sure that you aren't confusing him with
Luffa Rigno? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098512/

>I for my part never met a catholic priest with had doubts on the age of the
>universe, nor was I taught in the religious education at school 20+ years
>ago, that evolution and the age of the world is rubbish. (In fact they
>taught the construct of Teilhard, creation in evolution).

Living in the southern US, I've actually met very few Catholics in my life (at least, counting only
people who have mentioned their religion-- I don't know how many I've simply met in passing without
knowing their religion) so I can't say first-hand what US Catholics think about Young Earthism. But
I can say with confidence that the majority of people I have ever met "in the real world" around
here, even in college, who are mostly Southern Baptists or splinter groups from the SBC, accept
without question a Young Earth, and that the universe was created exactly as laid out in the first 3
chapters of Genesis.