[meteorite-list] Dhofar 979 Ureilite trade offer

From: Jack Schrader <schradermkv_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Apr 18 21:07:06 2005

Hello List Members,
     Here is a trade offer that may be as hard to make happen as it will be
to refuse. But it is worth a shot. My first love and hobby has always
been collecting hardhat or deep-sea diving gear and related items. I am
looking for original diving related trade catalogs, specifically those
published by Andrew J. Morse and Son, Inc., Boston, Mass. between 1870 and
1940, Morse Diving Equipment Company, Inc., Boston Mass. between 1940 and
1971 as well as catalogs produced by A. Schrader and Son, Brooklyn, N.Y.
between 1935 and 1950. These catalogs typically sell to the right
collectors for as much as several hundred dollars apiece depending of course
on condition, rarity and year. I will trade a minimum of 25 grams of the
new Dhofar 979 Ureilite found in Oman in January, 2004 for each and every
catalog I receive. This is a trade value of at least $1200 for each
catalog. That is at least four times the value of the catalog! I want to
make sure I make this offer worthwhile! These catalogs are hard to find but
people, friends, relatives, retired commercial and ex Navy divers etc… do
have them occasionally not realizing their value. If found in bookstores,
antique shops, old magazine shops and such they can usually be had for very
little money. Hopefully this offer will shake some loose. If you don’t
have any Dho 979 Ureilite and want some, find some catalogs! Thanks and if
you happen to turn one up or have more questions please contact me off list.
   I can email anyone interested photos of the catalogs I am looking for and
more information if needed. Thanks! Jack Schrader