[meteorite-list] Elbert King-Tierra Blanca Meteorite Microprobe - Photo Kits

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Apr 18 19:52:04 2005

Hello list,

Elbert King Tierra Blanca Kits.

Kit include an original 1978 microprobe readout sheet on the Tierra Blanca
meteorite. These were done by Elbert King and came from his estate. They
are very very long sheets folded to legal size. On the top page, Elbert
King has written notes of what was anaylized.

Also with the original microprobe readout, I am also including an original
off-print of "Tierra Blanca: An Unusual Achondrite From West Texas", which
King was the first author of.

AND an original thin section photograph, taken by King, of the Tierra Blanca
thin section. In Tierra Blanca: An Unusual Achondrite From West Texas, you
will find two or three thin sections photographs, he took a couple dozen.
The report also notes King did the microprobe work on the meteorite.

The readouts very in length, and they appear to be all microprobe readings.
I am not going to look at them too close, so this is the luck of the draw.
Shorter ones are 7-10pgs, longer ones 20+pgs. Kings notes things like
olivine or pyroxene, the date, slides notes and the like.

The thin section photograph, maybe 4 x 5 inches?, might be over or under
expoded, or just overall not that good. The simularities in the photo you
will get and the ones in the report are obvious.

I can only make 5 or 6 of these, $30.00 each, or you can have 2 for $50.00.
(US shipping $3.00, Canada or Mexico $4.00. Elsewhere $7.00).

A terrible representive photo is avaiable upon request.

More information on Elbert King and the Tierra Blanca meteorite can be found
here:

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/tierrablanca.html

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick