[meteorite-list] Rocks From Space Picture of the Day - April 15, 2005

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 15 13:56:55 2005

John D. wrote:

> NWA 1774 (R3.8-6)

John K. responded:

Peter M. wrote:

> that's the SAME thin section, isn't it?!

Hello John D., John K., Peter and List,

If it is really an R3.8-6 chondrite (!) there should at least
be a few or even several chondrules. So my first step would be
to try and find such chondrules in either of the thin sections.

No chondrules, then probably but not necessarily an achondrite.

Best wishes,

Bernd