[meteorite-list] AD; The most exiciting NWA ever!

From: Tom Knudson <peregrineflier_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 15 12:24:45 2005

Hello List, I have the most exciting meteorite to ever come out of Morocco,
NWA 2691, a L5, S2, W2. Well to me it is, it is the first meteorite I had
classified.
   It has a TKW of 53 grams, NAU kept the share, I am keeping the main mass,
a little cut loss, which leaves the rest of the world 18.2 grams. I cut
three slices, the biggest of which is 7.4 grams. This meteorite seems quite
fragile and likes to break along the cracks. This slice has a small piece
super glued back in but I think it made it better, it survived being cut,
which is more than I can say for other pieces. : )
 This is the biggest and nicest of the three slices, it has the most stuff
to look at, a matter of fact, this piece is what prompted me to get it
classified in the first place.
 I don't know how to come up with a price for a new meteorite, so I figured
I might just put this up for trade and will take the best offer. If you want
to offer money, I can use that too. Be one of the three collectors that ever
get to own a slice of NWA 2691. Pictures and classification info below. : )

Name (our ID #) Date Mass Pieces
Class Shock WG Fa Fs
purchased Type spec. Info

NWA 2691 515 2004 31 1 L5
S2 W2 24.0 20.8
Erfoud 6.6 NAU

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/peregrineflier/DSCN0927.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/peregrineflier/DSCN0932.jpg

P.S, the TKW was corrected, it is 53, not 31 grams.

Thanks, Tom
peregrineflier <><
Once was member of the IMCA 6168
http://www.frontiernet.net/~peregrineflier/Peregrineflier.htm