[meteorite-list] Emil Cohen's Market Trends of 1899 - Cohen'sremarks & plausibility of conversion

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 14 02:13:56 2005

Interesting,
        But many argue:
1) ALL approaches to the "value" of money (and its changes) are
theoretical and/or
2) The value of gold has never changed. The fluctuation relative to
any given currency reflects ONLY the fluctuation of "value" of said
currency.
        Personally, I believe there is a good deal of truth in statement
#1, and close to absolute truth in statement #2. I would add that
ALL currency is "monopoly money" with absolutely no value, whatsoever,
except as agreed upon by its users. This is transparent in terms of the
international banking group that "sets" relative currency values on a
daily basis.
        Right now, money has an exceptionally high "value" relative to
meteorites. But, like the stock market, realty market and such, ironically,
people buy much less when prices are down and much more when prices
are up (except the wealthy, of course). Some interesting references to this
phenomenon can be found in RICH DAD, POOR DAD.
        Best wishes, Michael

--
"You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are."
     -Herb Cohen