[meteorite-list] What great hobby!! + microwaves to detectmeteorites?

From: Graham Christensen <voltage_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Apr 12 00:50:19 2005

What was it that you found? Magnetite? That stuff frustrates me. I once
found a piece of farly fine grained rock that stuck to a magnet and even
looked like it had flowlines...but it turned out that it was dark all
throughout and it had crystals.

I might give up on the metal detector and start going places where I can
just walk fast and keep my eyes on the ground. I never seem to find anything
of interest with the detector and it takes me so long to cover even a small
area thoroughly.

I'll have to try that string dragging idea. I know you can get really
powerful neodymium magnets on E-bay. If I tied a bunch of them to my belt
loops as I walked that should easily pick up small pieces, although I'm sure
I'd look like a total goof!

Happy hunting!
Graham
Graham Christensen
voltage_at_telus.net
http://www.geocities.com/aerolitehunter
msn messenger: majorvoltage_at_hotmail.com