[meteorite-list] Sales AD: Offers Welcome on Oriented Specimens, etc.

From: Norbert Classen <trifid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Apr 10 17:53:35 2005

Hi All,

The other day Bob Evan's wrote:

> Wish I had this one !

http://epsc.wustl.edu/admin/resources/meteorites/meteorwrongs/fusioncrust.ht

Now, I certainly can't offer anything as fresh and impeccable as Karakol, a
real epitome of an oriented meteorite. However, at least the first sample
I'd like to show you has some great "fiery" flight markings, similar to
those on the famous Karakol chondrite. It's the main mass of Dar al Gani
113, a rather fresh desert find from Libya. Have a look:

http://www.meteoris.de/list/DaG113.htm

If you like it - I'm entertaining reasonable offers. Since I'm focussing
more and more on achondrites, I'm trying to thin out my chondrite collection
a bit, and thus I'm willing to part with this, and other classy specimens.
The same counts for the main mass of HaH 214, a real whopper of just below
1.5 kilos with a very nice apex ("Brustseite"):

http://www.meteoris.de/list/HaH214.htm

Last but not least, I also have a neat 2g plus lunar slice of Dhofar 908
left that's looking for a new home - have a look:

http://www.meteoris.de/list/Dho908.htm

I reserve the right to reject any given offer, but you can be assured that I
will consider any reasonable offer on a first come, first served basis. If
these specimens don't sell this way they will certainly end up at eBay next
weekend. Anyway - I hope you enjoyed the pictures ;-)

All the best,
Norbert Classen