[meteorite-list] New Nevada Finds

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 8 22:33:15 2005

Greetings Dear Listees:

I am very privileged to have been asked by List member Sonny Clary to
announce his discovery of a new strewn field in Nevada. Sonny has been
carefully mapping the field for approximately two years, and has
meticulously recorded the weight and location of each find,
photographed each piece in situ, and assigned every specimen a field
number.

Sonny has found a considerable number of fine stone meteorites,
crusted, and with apparent low metal content, causing us to guess that
they may be LLs. Representative samples of Sonny's finds are currently
undergoing classification by a prominent academic meteoriticist.

Sonny invited me to visit the area with him at the end of last month,
with the hope of doing a new story on the strewn field for "Meteorite"
magazine. We were accompanied on this expedition our friend Jim Kriegh.

I have compiled a short photo journal of our Nevada hunt, and I hope
you will all enjoy it:

http://www.notkin.net/expeditions/nevada/1.htm

Sonny hopes to be able to announce the exact location of the field at
this time next year. Congratulations to Sonny on his finds, and for his
exemplary field investigation methods.

Best to all,

Geoff N.
www.notkin.net