[meteorite-list] Ad - Robert A. Haag Catalog Specimens!

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 8 20:42:11 2005

Dear List,

Help!, I spent way too much in Tucson and want to turn around some very
collectable items to bring my annual meteorite budget back into balance. On
top of Tucson I just acquired the NWA 2626 Martian main mass and spent a
fortune outfitting for a several month long expedition next fall which I am
hoping to gather more team members for. I will discuss this publicly later
when I can find the time.

Here are some examples of incredibly collectable meteorites:

575 gram Beaver Oklahoma Famous Jailhouse Meteorite complete slice from the
Robert A. Haag Collection featured in catalog on page 96. I am starting
this world famous meteorite out at just $4.00 a gram with a low buy-it-now
price of just $4.35 a gram, less than half the asking price you will find
elsewhere.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6523584413

801 gram Harrisonville Missouri meteorite from Haag Collection featured in
catalog on page 101. I thought this might be the main mass when I purchased
it and found out that more than likely it is not. When I posed this
question to the List several responded that they were interested in this
specimen so I decided the only fair way to offer it was put it up for
auction. I mostly collect main masses and rare types so I decided to let
this awesome specimen go. If it sold at my started price of only $1.00 a
gram, I would definitely eat a lose on this one because it is worth several
times this amount. If nobody else bids somebody is going to steal it at
$1.00 a gram.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6523585194

263-gram part end-cut of Nadiabondi, an H5, S2, W0 chondrite that fell July
27th, 1957 in Burkino Faso. It is featured on page 110 of The Robert Haag
Collection of Meteorites making its provenance second to none. Comes with a
hand signed ID card from Robert A. Haag. Previous provenance MNHN trade.
Start priced at just $2.85 a gram. This is cheaper than you can buy a
recent African fall for and its provenance is excellent!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6523587830

978-gram block cut of Tserev, an L5, S3, W1 chondrite said to have fallen
December 6th 1922 in the Volgograd region of Russia. This particular
specimen was found sometime after 1968. It is featured on page 96 of The
Robert Haag Collection of Meteorites making its provenance second to none.
Comes with a hand signed ID card from Robert A. Haag. Priced at just $1.43
a gram for a fall!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6523588735

Thank you for looking and if you are bidding, the best of luck!

Kind Regards,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection
Team LunarRock