[meteorite-list] black vs. golden brahin olivines

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Apr 6 21:14:27 2005

I didn't see any answer on this one so I'm going to give it a shot.

I have a slice of Brahin in my collection. It's about 6mm thick and
when you look at it straight ahead it looks like the crystals are really
dark.
The funny thing is that when I took a photo of it the camera used
the flash and the picture showed all yellow olivine.

So as far as I know, the color on pictures depends on the lighting
and how internal fractures reflects it inside the rock.

Anyone else here with different opinion?

/G?ran