[meteorite-list] Does this rectify negative feedback?

From: ROCKS ON FIRE <meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Apr 4 22:41:26 2005

Hello, Folks,

may I ask your opinion:

I listed 2 items (Haig irons) on ebay and forgot to take out Posts to
Worldwide, leaving only Posts to Australia, but mentioned in the
describtion Sorry, Australia only!

One wellknown meteorite collector/dealer from Chicago accquired both
with Buy it now option and paid straight way for them via PayPal.

Now I realised the mistake, as I do not have an export permit for this
meteorite and wrote this gentleman an apologetic letter and refunded the
money straight away.

It hit me a bit hard when I got his reply (strange wordings, read below,
if you want) and saw that he had given me 2 negative feedbacks for that.

I always thought we are some sort of a family and would try to sort
things out - I have tried!

I would very much appreciate your honest opinion in this matter, as this
is the very first negative feedback on our proud 1000+ positive record.
( If you are bored you can go throught the correspondense following.)

Thanks for your advise and

Best regards from DOWN-UNDER,

Norbert & Heike Kammel
    ROCKS ON FIRE
       IMCA #3420
www.rocksonfire.com <%3Fhttp://www.rocksonfire.com%3F>

Dear Steve,

I am very sorry that you are taking this mishap so hard.
I was always under the impression that you are a gentleman and would
understand that we all are only human and can make mistakes.

This was a honest listing mistake and my describtion also clearly stated
"Sorry, Australia only!" I do understand that this is not much comfort
for you, and I can only offer you my humble apologies, and I am sorry to
loosing you as a good customer. But I am also sorry to having you
mistakenly categorised as collector-buddy and friend.
If you take a deep breeze and put yourself into my position, Would you
take the risk for some $ 30 bucks to having the Fed's snooping through
every corner of your property, getting dragged to court and being
punished with a severe penalty? You don't seem to be so stupid, so I
assume you will take my point.

Yes, Steve, you paid straight away for these pieces via PayPal, which
you always do and what I always appreciated. And I refunded you the
money via PayPal straight away and asked you, if I can do anything for
you, as I reckoned I would owe you one. I guess this straighten this out.

I still have to obey to the law here in Australia, and if you are
suggesting that the meteorite community in America bluntly can ignore
the law over there, I believe you are very much mistaken. I am also sure
that most Americans uphold the law.
I still believe that we can solve this little dispute between us. But if
you prefer to put it onto the billboard, to the list or where ever, I
can't stop you, feel free!

At last: I will not take your expression of "your phony selling
technikes". For this you will give me an explanation and take it back.
If you want to do anything with eBay, that's fine with me, go ahead!

I apologised to you for having made a honest mistake and thought you
would take it as a gentleman.
But if you reckon that you are the only unfailable man in the world and
that the law is only there when it suits you, when you cannot see a
genuine mistake, Sorry, Mate, you then certainly lost me!