[meteorite-list] NWA 869 - Where are the reports?

From: Jeff Grossman <jgrossman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Sep 27 08:33:44 2004

You will find these meteorites on our list of PROVISIONAL names:

http://meteoriticalsociety.org/bulletin/prov-names.html

This means that either:

1) Nobody has submitted a formal description to the Committee;
2) The meteorite name has been rejected by the Committee (e.g., because of
insufficient type specimen, poor classification data, etc.); or
3) The meteorite is currently under consideration for a formal name.

(2) is not the case here. I'll look into whether it's (1) or (3).

jeff