[meteorite-list] Hunting meteorites

From: Rafael B. Torres <spacecollection2001_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Sep 14 23:20:53 2004

Hello List!, I ve been off he list for some time, hehe but Im back again
:)....Well during the weekend I had the chance of going to one hot spring
near my city, its called Cuatro Cienegas and I was told that there are some
NASA scientists studying that hot spring because its one of few places in
the world where stromatolites are formed. I believe that stromatolites are
ancient fossils or at least it could be the kind of life that we can expect
to find in Mars or other planets. So scientists study those cuz I has clues
to the origin of more advanced forms of life in the Earth. I think they are
pretty cool, I went to a tour in the river and at the end we got to the main
hot spring, where the water comes out of the ground and I had the
opportunnity to bring samples of stromatolites with me, but I dont know how
to preserve them.

Please can somebody tell me how to keep them?, so they wont break up, cause
they break easily adn I would like to preserve them to keep them in my
collection.

Thanks a lot and hope to see you all soon! :)

Rafael Blando Torres