[meteorite-list] Meteorite Histories

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Sep 14 04:22:21 2004

Maybe the IMCA could layout a standard record card, that could be
voluntarily adopted?

It might even add value to a specimen if it had some sort of traceable
history... I would pay more for something with a history to it, I am
sure others would.

It's done with many other things in life. I know it's obviously not
practical to trace right back to the anonymous finder, but a record of
who's handled it, or what collection it originates from would be great.
Most of us have specimens that where part of the historic collections,
but don't even know it because the information has been lost, which is a
real pity.

Best
Mark