[meteorite-list] NWA 869

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Sep 13 17:21:12 2004

Dear Cj,

I never called NWA 869 a s--t stone, all meteorites are cool in my book.
The true NWA869 is heterogeneous and has been called everything from an L3.8
to an L5 with shock levels 1 though 4 with various degrees of weathering.
This covers a lot of territory so you really do not know what you are
getting. If you follow the prices over the last year, unclassified
meteorites are selling for more partly because the TKW is high and partly
because it has been a catchall for other unclassified meteorites. I have
found some awesome meteorites in piles of so-called NWA 869 including a few
CCs. Catchall does not mean I am calling these meteorites s--t by any
means.

All the best,

Adam