[meteorite-list] Recent field Trip / Photos

From: WAHLPERRY_at_aol.com <WAHLPERRY_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 8 17:34:57 2004

 Hi List,

Here`s some pictures of one of the meteorite hunting trips this summer. While driving to the hunting area I noticed a Kangaroo Rat hopping across the road so I decided to get a few photos while waiting for my friends to show up. At that moment the Kangaroo rat ran under my truck and decided it was a cool place out of the sun. Not wanting to run this guy over I had to chase him from under my vehicle. Every time I would try to chase him off the little rat would run around the opposite side of the truck or tire.This lasted about ten minutes or so. Boy I'm sure glad there were no other hunters in the area at this time,I must have looked pretty funny chasing this rat around my truck.The kangaroo Rat finally ran behind my rear tire and was looking around at me {almost like he was saying OK what is your next move buddy}. At that moment I jumped into my truck and pulled forward. I decided to make a circle and see if I had squished him when I took off. When I turned around to see if he was OK he was no where in site
, but I could see him in my side mirror still chasing my truck for shade,But the truck was much faster than the little Rat . We did find a couple of small meteorites after a full day of searching.Both meteorites were under 20 grams. Special thanks to Geoff Notkin for the link.

Sonny

http://www.notkin.net/sonny/red-lake.htm