[meteorite-list] Genesis impact coordinates

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 8 12:41:04 2004

Jim Scotti contacted me with the Genesis impact coordinates that
were reported during the NASA broadcast:

40d 07' 40" North, 113d 30' 29" West

I should clarify that when I wrote that the spacecraft was "intact",
I did not mean to imply it was unbreached. It is most definitely
broken open, which means any samples are certainly being exposed
to the elements. The sooner they can safe the spacecraft, the
sooner they can salvage what science there is (if any). --Rob