[meteorite-list] Re: the MUNICH checkpoint

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 18 14:29:31 2004

Yes, please?

I'll take a look in some days.
I'm so broke, that I'll be able only to test two other places - or anyone,
who wants to by a meteorite? My paypal address for donations for dinner
tests is....

Anyway, as it should be located in the very city center, there is no big
choice.
Many rip-off places, no good beer.
Unfortunately there is no other place than Hofbraeuhaus with umpah-music,
 it's a kind of spooky place for japaneese tourists, which travel to Germany
having in mind Heine, Goethe, Beethoven, Wagner, Ludwig II. and then they
are brought there to see the Australians drinking beer.
Beer is good. From the beers brewed in Munich Augustiner and Hofbraeu are
the best. Spaten, Hacker-Pschorr, Loewenbraeu are more for the export.....
Food is very bad in Hofbraeuhaus.
But Dean & Mike are looking like they would eat everything and we will be in
Munich because we love stones and beer.
Problem, reservation in Hofbraeuhaus is possible only in some separate
rooms, where you can't hear the umpah-music, which is playing in the main
hall, called "Schwemme".
don't know the translation at the moment, has the same etymology as to
"swim".
Beer causes you to visit the restrooms frequently and in former times the
male guests fear to loose their places on the tables. So they let it poor
along their canes onto the floor.
Meanwhile we have electricity, democracy and are living in houses.

Second possibility, the "Augustiner" also in the central pedestial zone.
Good beer, better food, no umpah music.

Third is one also very centrally situated. Good beer, good food, no umpah.
But crowned by an independed testing agency to have the best roasted
knuckles of porc.
The results of the porc-knuckle-test you'll find here:
http://www.haxentest.de/

Anyway, Hofbraeuhaus is fun. Eat before, than it's cheaper and better. All
tourists like it and you don't have to visit the dependance in Vegas
anymore.

Skol
Martin