[meteorite-list] Which one came closest?

From: fcressy <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Oct 17 00:07:36 2004

Hello Martin and all,

The Teton fireball has always interested me. I think it proves an
interesting phenomena that there are fusion crusted meteoroids sailing
around space somewhere. The problem is how to harvest them :-)

Cheers,
Frank

> For me, the closest meteor(ite) would be about 58km away, but straight up.
The 1972 (Teton) Fireball flew over my head when I was a young kid fishing
in Montana. I still remember the event vividly.

> Here is a link (but no pic) about the event. I got the 58km figure from
this website which mentioned that the fireball's closest point to earth was
over Montana (and thus me).