[meteorite-list] Introducing NWA 3133, A Fantastic New Meteorite

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Oct 12 21:46:35 2004

Hi Stan and List,

This is not a basaltic achondrite and plots clear out in the CV range not
the CR range like NWA 011. It is nothing like NWA 011 as you announced your
specimen closely matched the other night. This shows the importance of
having scientific documentation to back up every piece you offer. Oxygen
isotopes have been plotted for every specimen of NWA 3133 we plan on selling
so you can be absolutely sure we are offering the real McCoy.

This is nothing like what you announced the other night. NWA 1839 you
mention is listed as an L7 and weighs 127 grams so I do not have any idea
what you are talking about. Is your piece paired to an L7, NWA 011 or our
Piece? How can one specimen change identities three times. My suggestion
is to have your specimen analyzed by proper laboratories, get an NWA number
and have the NomCom approve it. This is why proper channels are so
important. If your piece is paired with NWA 011 I would still be interested
in acquiring a sizable specimen.

Kind Regards,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection